It appears that it is that time of year again! Normally, by the time Halloween rolls around the weather has become crisp, the leaves are falling off the trees and it is dark out by 6 p.m. However, here in Texas (a.k.a. Northern Mexico) October is nothing but the start of a new season. See, here we have 2 seasons. There is "Blistering-I Hate This Place-I Think My Skin Might Be Melting Off-Hot" and then there is "Slightly Cooler-Perhaps You'll Get to Wear a Sweatshirt if You are Lucky-You Won't Sweat Walking to Your Car-Hot". I prefer the latter. I remember Trick-or-Treating in Lowell and being mad that I had to wear a sweater over my beautiful Snow White dress. Last year, my poor kid was sweating uncontrollably in his Batman outfit.
This year Christopher was undecided what he wanted to be. He wanted to be Batman again. I told him no, once you are 13 you can be whatever you want for 3 yrs in a row if you want, however, you are 4 you will not be a repeat offender. :-) He waffled back and forth over being "Ben 10" and "Woody (from Toy Story)". I took him to Target only to find they had nothing. Wal-Mart was our next step. Christopher really liked the "Woody" costume that they had. Upon inspection, it was $29.99 for a one-piece jumpsuit. No thanks. I told him that if he wanted to be "Woody" we would go to the Disney Store.
I was hopeful! They would certainly have them, right? NOPE. They didn't have his size (I won't go into my raving tangent about how practically half the store was dedicated to girls princess costumes and there was literally 4 options for boys! >:o) Poor thing was devastated. I must admit, I wasn't that sad as they were $35 (when did Halloween turn into a $150 costume event? After the outfit and all the accessories good grief)! Yikes! So off the the Halloween Express (yes, apparently there is a store that specialized in Halloween stuff). We found the perfect costume!! Christopher is going to be Harry Potter. We got the cloak (which is way to big however, it was the only one even close to his size in the Austin area), glasses and the wand. Now all I need is the tie. He looks P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!! I can't wait for Halloween so I can take pictures of it!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment